In the beginning of the 18th century, after the decrease in the evangelical reformist community, Carmelite monks began establishing themselves in Kėdainiai. They have established a monastery, charity societies, elementary school and shelter in the Church of the Assumption of the Blessed Virgin Mary (currently - St Joseph's Church). After repressing the uprising of 1831, Kėdainiai Carmelite Monastery was closed in 1832 under the repression of the tsarist government. In 2000, Kėdainiai Regional Museum moved to the restored facilities of the former monastery. It is one of the oldest museums in Lithuania with more than 20 thousand exhibited items.
Didžioji str. 19, Kėdainiai