• Sukioniu_piliakalnio_valstybes_paminklo_zenklas.JPG

During the research in 1998, remains of a charred defensive wall formed from 13 cm thick logs were found. The wall was built by laying logs that were held together with burried poles, and ground was poured in the middle. Iron artefacts were discovered at the site: scythe, 2 picks, buckle, chain link, knife and brass jewellery remains. In the second half of August of 1372, the mound served as a hideout for Šukioniai village which was destroyed by the Army of the Livonian Order. The mound dates back to the second half of the 14th century.


Truskava Neighbourhood, Kėdainiai District