This square was planned in the 17th century. At the beginning, the German merchants gave it the start, arriving in Kėdainiai from the part of Königsberg town, called Kneiphof, German. It is believed that the Germans bought the Lithuanian horses that were valued in Prussia on this square. 1652 Prince Jonušas Radvila built a wooden Orthodox church at the southern side of the square and established a male monastery. The monastery did not survive, and the Orthodox Church is currently guarded at the Lithuanian Folk Life Museum in Rumšiškės.
Knypavos Rinkos aikštė, Kėdainiai